Job Title: Corrosion & Materials Advisor Location: Houston, Texas Employee: Permanent Responsibilities include
- Corrosion & Materials Knowledge Base: Maintain and evolve our client's corrosion and materials compatibility, including development and delivery of fundamental corrosion training programs.
- Failure Analysis: Provide predictive and preventative materials selection and technical support, as well as "hands-on" failure analysis, covering the entire spectrum of engineering materials
- In-House Consultant: Provide materials of construction technical support to domestic and international chemical manufacturing and R&D Facilities. Activities will also include wide-ranging materials compatibility and evaluation projects, in addition to materials of construction support to capital projects, and for corporate specifications and standards.
- Technical Support: Devise, set-up, and execute laboratory testing (in a dedicated and fully-equipped laboratory), as well as in-situ testing, and maintain ability to quickly conduct tests
- MS or PhD in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering, or corrosion and materials related field
- 8+ years experience in the Chemical Process Industry or similar industry
- Significant corrosion & materials science comprehension, including electrochemistry and corrosion chemistry.
- Familiarity and experience with most engineering materials (metals, non-metals, and elastomers)
- Experience with most common NDE and NDT technologies and applications
- Ability to travel to Albemarle's domestic & international plant sites, and related fabricator's facilities
- Root Cause Failure Analysis training and/or experience
- Experience with exotic and nonmetallic materials of construction
- Experience with large capital project teams and processes
- Member of NACE and/or ASM
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.