Are you highly ambitious and thrive in complex and uncertain situations? Do you believe in "doing the job right the first time?" Are you a hands-on professional that strives for quality instead of quantity? Do you place safety above all else? If so we want to speak with you.
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing success of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles, you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets. This role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects in the industry.
Working in our Permian Operations and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do everyday and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
What's the role?
On a day to day basis, Maintenance Mechanics are involved with the following activities;
- You will repair, install, calibrate, test and clean equipment in accordance to Standard Operating Plan
- Troubleshoot and repair engines and compressors
- Experience troubleshooting skills; maintain and repair PD, Centrifigal low volume high pressure pumps, electrical motors, fans and gearboxes
- Strong technical knowledge of vibration analysis, laser alignment, rigging, slinging, lubricants and application
- Identify and implement equipment improvements to increase asset reliability Communicate verbally and in writing to operations employees, supervisors and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area
- Manage asset equipment upsets, abnormal conditions and subsequent trouble-shooting including responding to all alarms while on call
Shell Exploration & Production Company (SEPCo) is responsible for safely finding, developing and producing oil and natural gas in North America. Shell has been operating in the Gulf of Mexico for five decades and these operations provide more than 73 percent of our U.S. oil and gas production. SEPCo is the largest of Shell's E&P operating units, accounting for 17 percent of Shell's worldwide oil and gas production. Based in Houston, Texas, our key operating locations are in the Gulf of Mexico, South Texas, Wyoming, Alabama, Alaska and Canada.Requirements
What we need from you?
- Minimum 3 Years of Oil & Gas Production Operations and/or experience on a maintenance crew. Understanding of Maintenance processes
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Must be self directed and able to perform duties with little or no supervision
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willing to work a shift schedule of up to 8 consecutive days Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Must possess a current, valid C drivers license to operate a motor vehicle
- in the United States As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing. Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks?
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.