Job Description What's the role?
Shell is looking for an Investigator/ Investigation Case Manager position for our Houston office. In this position;
- You must be able to conduct, i.e. plan and execute, investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- Must be able to identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
- Must have detailed knowledge of accounting records and systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
- The role requires conducting witness and subject interviews, the collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards, as well as an understanding of criminal and civil law.
- Must be able to prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
- Must also be able to effectively manage whistleblowers, maintaining the strictest confidence.
- The successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- The role requires the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with other departments within Shell at various levels of management.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be able to work with minimum supervision, but should also be able to integrate effectively into a team environment, participate actively in delivering departmental goals and demonstrate strong collaborative and co-operative skills.
- Must be able to liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with the relevant law enforcement and criminal justice bodies.
- The successful candidate will also be required to interact effectively with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
As a successful candidate, you will be required to respond to company emergency situations, which may include the requirement to travel at short notice. The role requires travel of up to approximately 30% although this is variable depending on demand to conduct and/or assist with investigations relating to Shell businesses located in the United States, Canada, Central and South America and the Caribbean. The individual will also be expected to participate in various audit activities as needed.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A rewarding place to work
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
Other key components:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree in Accounting, Law, Criminal Justice or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5+) years' experience conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime or a qualified forensic accountant.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to provide Civil/Criminal testimony regarding your work product, familiarity with electronic data systems and data collection, unquestioned honesty and integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
- Language skills: English (required), Spanish and/or Portuguese (preferred)
- Legal, Contracting & Procurement, Finance, IT or project management skills and experience within a major corporation would also be an advantage.
- Strong conceptual and analytical problem solving skills; someone who can grasp complex situations, proven track record of analyzing vast amounts of data and information and cut through to the key elements without getting lost in the detail (Speed and Simplicity).
- Ability to judge an audience and deliver information in a relevant, concise and clear manner.
- Highly collaborative; an open individual with the highest level of integrity and loyalty who can work successfully with multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams.
- A confident, self-starting individual full of ideas and energy. Hard worker. You will have the ability to make things happen.
- Experienced traveler, ability to operate in culturally sensitive situations whilst having strong back bone as well.
- A first-class communicator (verbal and written) who is results- orientated and possesses sound judgement to match the requirements of assessing compliance matters in an international context.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.