Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an AMO Wireline Mechanic in Broussard, LA. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, a GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.Essential Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Review procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy.
- Analyze tests and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Assist in the set-up of experiments and the recording of experimental data in collaboration with operations.
- Test and evaluate the performance, and if required, repair general purpose equipment.
- Maintain equipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs.
- Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation, development and enhancement of maintenance procedural documentation.
- Evaluate maintenance processes for potential improvements in quality, reliability, turnaround times and costs.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Ability to lead team in accomplishing defined maintenance goals.
- Able to complete special assigned projects.
- Write good report information
- Communicates any unsafe conditions or accidents in a timely manner
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- Light welding experience
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems - Understand Schematics, and components,
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with use of Multi-meters
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Mechanical field
- Some electrical experience with 3 PH 480 and single PH 120v
- 8+ years relevant industrial experience (Airline, Military, Oilfield, Automotive, Electronic
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more