A Project Engineer
is responsible for managing projects using the Shell Opportunity Realization Work Process.
- Lead all projects through the project definition, detailed design phase, execution phase to project close-out.
- Typical activities include cost and schedule management, resource planning, contracting and procurement, detailed design review facilitation and developing the required team culture in support of achieving project goals.
- Able to manage multi-discipline projects with a strong understanding and ability to interface with technical disciplines outside of his/her core competency.
- Assess and effectively manage project and technical risk in conjunction with the Production Area Teams.
- Interface with production and maintenance planning to plan and deliver a quality start-up in a brownfield setting, managing the Operations Readiness, Completions and C&SU aspects of the Project to Asset Transition phase.
- Interface closely with EPC companies to complete project engineering requirements based on the phase of the project
- The Project Engineer is responsible for safety, quality, costs, schedule and delivery of the agreed to scope of each project assigned to him/her
Each Project Engineer must also:
- Multi-task -must be able to manage multiple projects as various stages of execution at the same time.
- Make Timely Decisions - required to make many key decisions within short timeframes. These decisions govern the eventual project scope and execution strategy.
- Understand and follow process safety risk reduction concepts, properly applying Shell Design Engineering Practices, Shell work processes and industry standards.
- Schedule focus - must be willing to influence colleagues and stakeholders with different priorities in order to maintain project schedule.
- Teamwork - must be able to work in a team environment and build effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Collaboration - must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and an ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements
- Must have a B.Sc in Engineering or Engineering Technologist, preferably in the Mechanical or Chemical Engineering disciplines.
- Must be eligible for accreditation with APEGA in either a Professional Engineering or Professional Licensee capacity.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, influencing and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry, with Refinery based operating experience, is preferred.
- PMP/APMQ certification is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience is preferred
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple stakeholders at a Decision Executive level with varying priorities.
- Experience working with Contract negotiation and Procurement would be an asset.
- Continuous Improvement/Process Improvement experience would be an asset.
- Must possess strong communication skills (verbal, written and Technical).
- Excellent problem-solving techniques.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.