Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: TANANGER, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for an onshore Drilling Fluids Engineer, to provide Drilling Fluids solutions to their North Sea Drilling Operations teams.
The Beacon Engineer's main responsibility will be to monitor real-time data feed of fluid properties and make recommendations for maintain/adjusting fluid properties. In the same way as the fluids specialist on the offshore rig, the Beacon engineer will have full ownership and accountability for all DCF tasks. Risk and process assurance will be monitored by this individual with the goal to have a more efficient and effective job execution. By recording and analysing data, the Beacon Engineer will be the key point in the organization towards flawless job operation.
• Monitor real-time data feed of fluid properties and make recommendations for maintain/adjusting fluid properties
• Maintain properties within agreed upon specifications
• Provide technical analysis with regard to specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties
• Verify real-time hydraulics based on MWD data
• First point of contact for TFE for all fluids related issues
• Provides ongoing support to assist operations in providing our customers the most effective, environmentally safe fluids solution available while optimizing the well-bore construction process and maximizing our customers' production and efficiency
• Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
• Monitor and report all fluid lost or discharged
• Identify drilling problems & propose appropriate solutions
• Attend & take active role in safety & morning meetings
• Call in to all toolbox talks relating to DCF
• While tripping or out of hole monitor mud weight in pits and pit level
Experienced offshore mud engineer with deep knowledge of all aspects of DCF. Coordinator/technical experience would also be valuable with regard to understanding hydraulics and making recommendations.
• Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
• Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software. - Fluent in professional software
• Self-starter, excellent work history
• Must be reliable, work safely, and committed to quality service
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more