Skills: Business Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is currently looking to recruit a Business Analyst to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
Engage with business stakeholders and clients to convert their business requirements into user stories / functional specifications for use by developers; produce QAQC compliant test plans to enable acceptance of the developed solution against the user stories / specifications; instruct implementation on the correct use of the solution and estimate & schedule the complete process.
- Promote and support IT Services throughout the business community.
- Works within the IT team structure, exhibiting a positive and proactive attitude.
- Work with the development team to produce software in accordance with agile development methodologies and adhering to the IT team's practices and procedures.
- Provides labour estimates and schedule input for assigned work.
- Provides a weekly update of progress in the format determined by the delivery manager
- Converts requirements into functional specifications / user stories, complete with recommended UI layout (wire frame), validations, business rules and logic.
- Ensure all documents are prepared , issued and stored as per the Business Analysis Procedure
- Develops test plans
- Liaise with the development group to ensure efficiency and accuracy in the software development.
- Reviews technical design specifications as required.
- Perform functional testing in accordance to test plans as required.
- Reviews completed and tested software and recommend the approval and acceptance to the product/portfolio manager.
- Accountable for the execution of the User Acceptance Testing, performed in accordance with the QAQC standards and policy
- Provide release notes and instructions as required for the release documentation
- Provide Tier 3 support as required
- Provide and/or update Help text
- Provide training to implementation team as required
- Comply with standard and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Focussed on specific project delivery business knowledge (SME)
- Extensive project delivery application knowledge
- Analysis and development methodologies
- Expert in conducting requirement gathering and facilitating workshops
- Expert in the creation of functional specifications and test plans
- Expert in evaluating 3rd party applications for integration
- Able to Schedule and estimate
- Team player
- Familiar with working in an agile software development team and/or has an awareness of agile methodologies, practices and principals.
- Familiar with Atlassian Software Suite: Atlassian Software Suite: JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio
- Commands attention when speaking. Identifies the needs of other parties, when influencing. Uses sound and persuasive arguments with groups and individuals.
- Able to work in environment with limited day to day supervision while maintaining strong relationships with remote team.
- Gathers needs, interacts effectively to develop plan and promptly actions plan with clear and succinct guidance to all. As issues arise, intervenes appropriately to get things back on track, and then withdraws. Creates practical and achievable plans. Clarifies and refocuses the whole team when direction becomes unclear
- Thinks on feet to solve problems. Probes to discover the root of a problem or issue. Takes quick, but considered action. Is influenced by sound arguments, new data and cohesive solutions for the broader good of all stakeholders.
- Goes out of way to develop trust in relationships. Builds productive relationships quickly. Demonstrates mutual interest and cooperation, even in difficult circumstances. Adapts own role in a team to meet their differing needs. Values individuals and respects differences.
- Manages communication flow through the project team. Manages effective and worthwhile meetings. Expresses complex ideas simply and succinctly.
- Proactively plans for all on-going work within the region and maintains formal project plan. Secures and allocates appropriate resources to deliver the work. Prepares contingency plans. Plans and prioritises workloads in accordance with business needs.
Proactively engaging the project team to deliver projects; with quality, on budget, on schedule and aligned with collaboration strategies.