Skills: Operations Management, ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To be responsible for all aspects relating to the day-to-day management of assigned ROV projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage assigned ROV Project(s) on a day-to-day basis.
• Plan and supervise ROV Project Operations and supervise allocated ROV operational personnel.
• Liaise with Clients during start-up, operational and post operational periods to discuss and identify Client's ROV requirements and present Oceaneering's ROV/Engineering/ Tooling capabilities.
• Liaise between client and the company's Technical Departments/Engineering Manager, regarding the design and/or development of tooling/engineering for offshore projects.
• Produce of project procedures as required.
• Monitor and action spares and stores requirements for projects.
• Review Invitations to Tender for ROV operations and provision of technical assistance to the Commercial Department for Client presentations.
• Supervise QA/QC audits during project periods.
• Collate system logs from offshore and preparation of preliminary invoices for ongoing and completed contracts on a monthly basis.
• Update all technical and support documentation on an ongoing basis.
• Make offshore visits to ROV worksites as required.
• Ensure that Safety Policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at the offshore work location, promote a proactive commitment to the company's HSE initiative with regard to offshore operational activities.
• Be responsible for financial performance.
• Be responsible for expediting receivables.
- The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Reports to ROV Senior Operations Manager - UK & Europe
- ROV/Engineering/Survey background
- Minimum of three years Project Management experience in a similar role
- Familiar with subsea equipment and operations
- Word, Excel, Project
- BSC/HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Familiar with all aspects of subsea operations relating to Oceaneering's offshore activities
- OISL standard desktop software package
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to determine and meet customer needs
Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.