HR has a pivotal role to play in partnering with the business to deliver on Shell's strategic ambitions: Providing a world-class investment case, thriving in the energy transition and maintaining a strong societal license to operate. Shell's HR organisation is in motion and becoming a simpler, more business and employee-centric function to be more effective and efficient in supporting the Shell strategy and purpose.
Within Shell, Talent and Integrated Resourcing play a key part in HR's success. The Integrated Resourcing team manages all aspects of hiring across (internal) staff moves and (external) resourcing needs.
Being part of this extremely collaborative team offers a great opportunity to contribute to HR's transformation and innovation in how we manage internal staff and deliver the very best candidates to Shell.What is the role
The (Country) Recruiter supports a portfolio of business segments in The Netherlands. You will build an understanding of the business context, business strategy and workforce needs to manage delivery and securing great talent for Shell - both internally and externally. You will also play a role in the attraction and selection of Graduates for the Shell Graduate Programme. The role is based at our Corporate Head office in The Hague.What will you do
- Develop trusted, credible relationships with business leaders and partners to understand business strategy, priorities, roles and talent needs both in the short and longer-term;
- Manage the successful recruitment of internal and external hires for a given portfolio within the country, partnering with the global sourcing hub to determine the right sourcing strategy to identifying strong-fit candidates;
- Build a continuous, collaborative delivery partnership with key global resourcing teams; including sourcing, operations and marketing. Ensure clarity and alignment across stakeholders to enable coordinated screening, effective job posting, screening, assessment and offer management. Contribute to a collaborative engagement with a virtual network of team members, engaging them on the context and needs of the hire;
- Manage the candidate relationship and overall hiring experience. Conduct assessments, differentiate candidate capabilities to short list and guide business stakeholders on objective ratings to differentiate candidates. Lead the offer making process to secure smooth and timely selection and appointment of candidates;
- Identify and lead work to improve the ongoing delivery and operational effectiveness of resourcing through the application of continuous improvement methods. Actively participate or lead global/regional/country projects to improve resourcing outcomes;
- Coach and guide hiring managers on resourcing processes to ensure full understanding of responsibilities and timeframe commitments and hold professional Job Brief meetings;
- Ensure timely, accurate 'First time right' tracking and recording of information in the recruiting systems for positions and candidates.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What do we need from you
An innovative place to work
- Outstanding communication, clear verbal and written skills in Dutch and English, effective questioning and active listening. Ability to lead team huddles and facilitate and proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvement to meet recruitment KPIs;
- Excellent relationship management skills, ability to develop deep understanding of diverse stakeholder needs, locally and globally, assert credibility, challenge as needed and deliver;
- Deep understanding of recruitment processes, practices and systems. Adept in best practices for candidate sourcing and marketing, candidate assessment and offer negotiation;
- Experience in working across multiple portfolios. Self-starting and collaborative working style to achieve targets;
- Continuously use all metrics available and apply this information to review/anticipate/adjust priorities e.g. market tracking, application volumes, cycle time of recruitment stages, assessment results, etc;
- Mentoring and coaching skills to guide and support less experienced team members;
- An interest to develop into the broader HR function in the future.
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.