Job Description Make a differenceIf you're a Materials and Corrosion Engineer with experience in providing technical support on corrosion and materials issues, then this role is a chance to develop your technical expertise whilst working for an industry leader.What's the role?
The Materials & Corrosion Engineer is a key member of the Materials, Corrosion & Inspection (MCI) Team on Prelude. The incumbent is responsible for managing the pressure equipment integrity management program for Prelude FLNG and act as a focal point for all corrosion management programs whilst, providing technical support on corrosion and material issues.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide day to day support to stakeholders including offshore inspectors, operations, PEI engineers, process engineering, subsea/upstream teams, projects, maintenance and turnaround groups.
- Accountable for creation/update of corrosion control documents & Risk Based Inspection strategies.
- Integrate corrosion management requirements into inspection strategies and develop/monitor Integrity Operating Windows (IOWs).
- Assess and provide recommendations on excursions of IOWs and continuously improve the IOW management for the venture.
- Provide support of planned & unplanned maintenance, shutdown or turnaround events.
- Manage proactive Piping Integrity Management program for Prelude.
- Champion digitalization efforts in corrosion and inspection technologies.
- Lead investigations of pressure equipment failures.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements What we need from you
- Degree in Engineering or Material Science with related experience in corrosion control and mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience in operating assets, LNG/Downstream, plant processes, damage mechanisms
- Knowledge and experience in Risk-Based Inspection (RBI).
- Knowledge in the field of metallurgy and corrosion degradation modes.
- Excellent communication skills, report writing, analytical and problem solving skills, and stakeholder management is essential.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively and lead effectively across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, and being able to work autonomously.
If you have these skills, qualifications, the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.