Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Demonstrate HSE leadership within any team they are involved. Maintaining and promoting a high safety culture when working in the construction phase
- Develop and maintain discipline competence through CMAS and VTA
- Support execution of CoW process through commissioning, HUC and start-up phases as PA/IA
- Provide review of procedures and participate in Project Commissioning/Start-Up as part of Operations Team or Commissioning Team as required. This includes assistance during the development and testing of commissioning procedures and support with testing, punch listing and handing over equipment
- Support completions MC1 and handover process and take responsibility for systems handed over to Operations
- Participate in the development of Preventive Maintenance Routines and procedure development as well as input to spare part and tools identification
- Provide Operations input to discipline specific technical design, including General Arrangements, Layouts, Plot Plans from an operability/maintainability and human factors perspective
- Execute maintenance and preservation routines for equipment hand-over
- Attend and actively participate in LOPA's and HAZOPs
- Provide operations support in document reviews
- 5+ years of maintenance experience as a measurement tech in the Oil & Gas industry
- Knowledge of permit to work, operations integrity, planning and risk assessments.
- Experience in performance improvement programmes.
- Experience in working with vendors and performance feedback.
- Experience working in gas, oil or petrochemical processing plant.
- Proven ability troubleshooting within discipline
- Willingness to work at heights or in confined areas
- Ability to work in plant locations that may be remote (on/offshore) or require special transportation requirements (e.g. helicopter, marine vessels, rotational work, etc.).
- Ability to successfully complete a fitness for duty assessment
- Basic to advanced knowledge of electronic maintenance monitoring planning systems.
- Strong team working skills, along with experience working with engineers and multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of Electronic Custody Transfer Measurement
- Extensive knowledge of metering devices
- Tertiary/vocational education in technical discipline or other relevant qualifications
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement