Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide marine pilotage to all types of vessels calling at QP Operated Ports. Marine pilotage includes approaches channels navigation, harbour movements and offshore Single Point Mooring (SPM).
• Master Mariner (FG) class I
Experience & Skills
• A minimum of 10 years Sea going experience as officer of the watch with at least 5 years' experience on large size tanker vessel (VLCC, Capesize) in capacity as Chief Officer or Master. Or 5 years Sea going experience on large size tanker vessel (VLCC, Capesize) as Chief Officer or Master, and 5 years as Pilot on all types of vessel. Or 5 years Sea going experience on large size tanker vessel (VLCC, Capesize) as Chief Officer or Master and 3 years as Pilot on all types of vessels and 2 years' experience as loading Master at an oil terminal.
• Detail knowledge of International, State and Local regulations pertaining to Port operations, logistics, and fully familiar with International Maritime Conventions such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, etc.
• Detail knowledge of the management of large-scale port cargo operations including port rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to operations and activities.
• Extensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of work in a port operations area.
• Knowledge of the management of tanker terminal operations and guidelines as issued by industry (OCIMF/SIGTTO).
• Good organizational planning skills and able to plan, execute and complete targets without supervision
• Ability to communicate and work with diverse nationalities at all levels of the QP organisation, both internally and externally.
• Innovative thinker and self-starter with proven leadership.
• Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing in English language, requires QP English level L5.
• Ability to work within a focused team of maritime and port professionals.
• Performance orientated and able to work to the delivery of agreed targets.
• Strong analytical and administration skills. • Ability to work under pressure.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa