Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Reports To: Chief Engineer
- The safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all electronic equipment on board, with shared responsibility for the telecoms.
- Ensuring that the DP system operates within its technical specifications. Carries out fault-finding, maintenance and repair on DP control system as required.
- Administration of the planned maintenance system for the electronic components of the vessel.
- Maintenance and repair of electronic systems as required.
- Exercising control over ordering electronic spares and consumables ensuring critical spares are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Ensuring that all electronic and DP systems records, manuals and technical drawings are updated and maintained correctly.
- Performing emergency duties in accordance with the vessel's Muster List / Station Bill.
- Ensuring that the daily activities within the electronic department are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that the impact of the operations on the environment are within acceptable limits.
- Arrange and conduct regular safety inspections of electronic systems and spaces.
- Coordination of work permits and JSA's within his area of jurisdiction (this may be in consultation with the Electrician, Chief Engineer / Master / Chief Officer).
- Participating as a member of the Vessel Safety Committee if so elected.
- Ensuring adequate safe systems of work are adopted for all activities within the electronics department and that all relevant safety regulations and procedures are adopted.
- Complete other duties and/or projects as required and assigned by management.
Education: Recognized relevant academic qualifications or evidence of having completed an appropriate apprenticeship within the electrical trade.
Experience: Minimum 2 years' experience as ship's electrician or ETO.
Skills: Fluent in both verbal and written English. Computer literate.
Special Requirements: Additional requirements are contained the Vessel Qualifications & Training Matrix appropriate to each vessel.
Innovation: The ETO has the authority to stop ANY activity on the grounds of immediate safety, health and environmental hazards. He shall immediately advise the Chief Engineer if it would be unsafe to start or continue any operation due to any electronic defect.
Decision Making: The ETO coordinates with the Electrician, Chief Engineer, Master, Chief Officer, DP Operators or any other person necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the electronic systems.