Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Massachusetts, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Ø Position Summary
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely testing of consumer products, reporting data, and writing technical reports.
Support Technical staff by providing timely and accurate test results and information.
Ø Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of how to access the latest revisions of standards, protocols, and test methods, with direction.
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality / safety issues, with direction from senior staff in a limited scope.
- Prepares a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications, in a limited scope.
- Conducts testing or analyzes a variety of consumer products for basic bench analysis and limited analytical instrumentation using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications appropriate to the sample, in a limited scope.
- Use and verify (if applicable) test equipment and instruments, and maintain record keeping system for calibration / quality system integrity with direction.
- Maintain test equipment, supplies, lab cleanliness (and limited analytical instrumentation).
- Accurately record test data per BV Quality guidelines.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, with direction, as required.
- Organizes and manages workload to meet or exceed laboratory turn around time and client expectations.
- Assist in the technical and administrative aspects of various departmental projects as directed.
- Accurately compile data, prepare and review written technical reports in a limited scope
- Interface with senior staff for direction on interpretations pertaining to compliance and standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a limited scope with direction from senior staff.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services Quality System.
- Provide feedback to department manager regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements and meeting department / quality objectives.
- Follow the guidelines set forth in the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc Safety / Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Other duties as defined by Manager, department needs and workload.
- Additional Responsibilities for Technician III:
- Independently evaluate test results data.
- Reviews contract requirements prior to testing in order to ensure adherence, in a limited scope.
- Train employees on sample preparation/testing methods and procedures.
- Interpret and apply industry standards within a limited scope.
- Organize and monitor workflow of other technicians in the lab.
- Provide direction/mentoring to other technicians.
- Assist in the development of tests specifications / methods with direction from senior staff.
- Participate in client visits / meetings, when appropriate.
- Prepare quotes with client services in a limited scope and with direction.
- Identify and implement improvements in the areas of testing quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Develop/update test protocols to include current and correct testing that incorporate client specific requirements
- Assist with any special projects as needed
- Assist with report writing by consolidating data and filling data into protocols
Ø Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Problem solving and process improvement ability
- Possess and demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize individual workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and team work ethic
- Basic computer skills: Windows, Word & Excel.
- Attention to detail
- Technical aptitude
Ø Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
- 2 year technical degree and 2-4 years related experience; or
- 4 year technical degree and 6 months related experience
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.