Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
• Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and Plan, set up, and run lab experiments and test simulations.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients.
• Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
• Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
• May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
• Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the product lifecycle of the project.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.
• Provide training and support to clients and field representatives. Prepare operations support technical documentation in a timely fashion.
• Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
• Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
• Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
• Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
• Share expertise via Schlumberger learning tools and expand the informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains and clients.
• Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business.
• Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
• Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
• Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering.
• 4 - 7 yeas relevant experience.
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.