Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company has is looking for a Tool Crib Attendant (Drilling Services) for our manufacturing facility in Houston, TXEssential Responsibilities:
- Gather, repair, store, maintain and preset tool holders for milling and turning machines according to prescribed work list
- Maintains, inspects and distributes tools, fixtures, and gages required throughout the manufacturing process
- Recommend methods for procedural improvements, optimum tooling and cutter applications
- Assist at crib window, gage window and grinding department as requested
- Assist in the selection of cutting tools and inserts according to different type of materials
- Work with suppliers to maintain min/max on vending machines
- Order new tooling as required by the production team
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist machine operators to minimize set up time and changeover by delivering required tooling and gages to the machines
- Anticipate tooling needs in accordance with production schedule and procure in a timely manner in order to minimize downtime
- Problem solving skills
- 2 years minimum of warehouse and inventory experience
- Ability to communicate and interact well with other employees and customers.
- Familiarity with data entry, filing and record keeping
- Intermediate knowledge with Windows-based computer operating systems and software
- A positive attitude with good customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to follow special instructions
- The ability to work independently and stay focused to complete assigned work
- A willingness and personality suited to work in a team-oriented environment
- 5 years of experience working with cutting and measuring tools used in a manufacturing environment for lathes and mills primarily.
- 3 years minimum machining (lathe and mills) experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings and specifications
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- 2 years minimum using computers and Microsoft Office products (Outlook and Excel specially)
- High school diploma or minimum 5 years of experience in tooling applications for lathes and mills
- Must be punctual, reliable, and willing to work overtime as deemed necessary by supervisor, to meet customer demands and production schedule.
- SAP experience is a plus
Houston, TX - Rankin Rd Facility
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more