Skills: Electrical Technician
Other Skills: 5 years of MWD Shop Technician or 2 years Board Level Mainenance
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Conroe, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior MWD Electronics Technician will be responsible for repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of Directional Survey and Gamma downhole equipment. This position is responsible for documentation of work performed with an emphasis on accuracy. The position is expected to perform all functions with a focus on quality results, and adherence with Patterson/MSD Safety Policies and Respectful Workplace Policies.
The MWD Electronics Technician works under the direction of the MWD Shop Manager.
- Follow safety policies and procedures at all times
- Operate high temperature test equipment and electronic systems
- Expert skills at operating and interpreting lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, frequency counters and generators
- Advanced competencies in troubleshooting existing products and identify failed components independently
- Rebuild and maintain chassis level components for MWD downhole drilling probes including but not limited to potting, wiring harness manufacturing, board level maintenance.
- Gather data while exposing circuitry to controlled elevated temperatures in the lab oven, and in vibration fixtures
- Expert understanding of electronics equipment to be able to assist in training of MWD Field Specialist or R&M Personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient at demonstrating clear written and verbal communication skills including ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Ability to handle multiple projects and supervisors at once
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to interact productively with coworkers and third parties
- Advanced computer skills within Microsoft Office Suite: Work, Excel, Power Point, InfoPath, Access, OneNote, SolidWorks
- Ability to safely navigate the shop work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused up including occasional extended work periods
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years experience in MWD Shop Technician Experience or 2 years board level maintenance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MWD Operations
This job requires the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanor when adversity is encountered. It also requires the physical ability to work in office environment including the ability to sit for long periods of time while performing office or computer tasks. The job may require some overtime including weekends or holidays, and can include travel with overnight stays. All applicants must be able to commit to a full-time schedule.
To be considered as an applicant, please register and apply at www.patenergy.com/careers
In 2001, Patterson Energy and UTI Energy merged to form Patterson-UTI. The combined company continued to grow through a series of successful mergers and acquisitions. Today, our company comprises an impressive collection of top-tier talent, equipment and technology. As one of the top oilfield services companies in the United States, our success stems from our ready-to-serve culture and commitment to quality and safety.