Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - EUROPE
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Increase and maintains sales for Refinery Services assist General Manager with the daily operation and profitability of Refinery Systems including all business development, location personnel management, product training and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Manages a Sales Service team for the assigned area.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Work closely with department heads, and others as needed to develop high quality strategic proposals for product or service enhancements for customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Responsible for directing sales efforts (Europe) by maintaining relationships, issuing quotations, client portfolios, and favorable contacts with current and potential accounts in the refinery industry sector. Also, maintains contact with the clients on a regular basis through client meetings on-site and through external meetings at the clients' offices for contractual negotiations and technical presentations.
Bachelor degree in business, marketing or related field is required.
- Ten years' experience in business development, marketing, or sales and experience managing employees
- Experience in oil and gas industry is preferred
- Laboratory Experience is preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- Must be proactive in meeting customer needs and have an enthusiastic approach to selling and marketing our services.
- Ability to interact effectively with client and company personnel seeking information.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to these requirements to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.