Skills: MWD / LWD
Other Skills: 2 years of MWD Shop Technician or 1 year of Pulser Maintenance
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Conroe, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The MWD Pulser Technician is responsible for various job functions related to the servicing of MWD equipment going to, and coming from, MWD Field Operations. The primary focus of this position is related to the repair and maintenance of downhole positive MWD pulsers. This position is responsible for documentation of work performed with an emphasis on accuracy (i.e .work order documents). The position is expected to perform all functions with a focus on quality results, and in adherence with all Patterson/MSD Safety Policies and Respectful Workplace Policies.
The MWD Pulser Technician works under the direction of the MWD Shop Manager.
- Manage internal & external Customer Relationships where applicable
- Rebuild and maintain used Pulsers after field usage including but not limited to, electrical and mechanical components
- Assist Forensics in RCA of Service Quality Issues
- Will assist Shop Manager in basic capacity with regard to issue resolution
- Basic level quality output of assigned R&M job functions
- Maintain thorough records of all maintenance performed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Will have a basic knowledge of MWD R&M processes in all defined shop functions
- Assist with the training and development of new R&M personnel on processes, procedures, and technology
- Serve as the example for a Safe and Respectful Workplace
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills including ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Ability to handle multiple projects and supervisors at once
- Must have basic interpersonal and communication skills including ability to interact productively with coworkers and third parties
- Basic computer skills within Microsoft Office Suite: Work, Excel, Power Point, InfoPath, Access, OneNote, SolidWorks
- Ability to safely navigate the shop work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas and the ability to lift 50 pounds, unassisted
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused up including occasional extended work periods
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 Years of MWD Shop Technician Experience or 1 Year of Pulser Maintenance experience.
This job requires the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanor when adversity is encountered. It also requires the physical ability to work in a shop environment, including the ability to stand for long periods of time while performing shop related tasks. The job may require some overtime including weekends or holidays, and can include travel with overnight stays. All applicants must be able to commit to a full-time schedule.
To be considered as an applicant, please register and apply at www.patenergy.com/careers
In 2001, Patterson Energy and UTI Energy merged to form Patterson-UTI. The combined company continued to grow through a series of successful mergers and acquisitions. Today, our company comprises an impressive collection of top-tier talent, equipment and technology. As one of the top oilfield services companies in the United States, our success stems from our ready-to-serve culture and commitment to quality and safety.