Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This 23-year old company provides engineering, project management, geological, regulatory, and procurement services primarily to companies using waste injection wells. Similar services are provided to petroleum industry, carbon capture/sequestration projects (some government funded), and gas storage companies. Projects are mainly in the continental United States.
Northwest Houston, TX (near intersection of 249 and Beltway 8)
The Geologist will be primarily responsible for consulting with clients and preparing regulatory related documents such as state permits and federal no-migration exemption petitions.
The main job responsibility of a Staff/Project Geologist is to provide assistance with creating documents for clients required by various regulations. Analysis of available geologic information relating to specific projects and designing programs to provide required geologic information will also be the responsibility of the Geologist, as well as providing support to company's engineers for well workover, drilling, and testing groups to monitor and guide adherence to permit requirements and state and federal regulations during field operations, wireline log interpretation and supervision of wireline logging operations. Job duties include:
- Work with multidisciplinary team in the preparation of state and federal underground injection control permit applications, including creation of documents, figures, maps, cross sections, and appendices
- Perform literature research through federal, state, and academic institution files
- Geologic interpretation of well logs and seismic sections for evaluation of water and hydrocarbon resources, structural maps, isopach maps, and geologic cross sections
- Synthesis of client and public data to prepare reservoir simulators of pressurization and injectate plume movement over operational and regulatory time frames
- Evaluation of pressure transient data for well and reservoir performance
- Application of state and federal regulations to facility operations
The Geologist must demonstrate strong oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills. The job involves regular use of e-mails for correspondence with company employees, contractors, and, eventually, to large degree, client customers. The Geologist must have, or within a short period of time develop, capability in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Appropriate candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Geology, or equivalent, and excellent writing skills. Proficient computer skills with word processing (Microsoft Word®), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel®) , and other office and presentation programs are a must. Candidates should possess good communication skills and have the ability to function in various work situations in office and at client's facility. This position requires a mature team player with a broad base of skills and abilities that enable the applicant to handle projects from beginning to completion.