This position is responsible for designing complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. A staff software engineer has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
- Expert in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
- Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
- Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting technical asks.
- Demonstrates skills in influencing technical decisions within engineering and product teams and owns the technical architecture of the product/application.
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
- Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in designing and developing applications or microservices
- Expert in designing and building applications using NodeJS, Python, Java, SpringBoot or related technologies.
- Should have expert working knowledge of any of Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ or any other distributed messaging systems.
- Deep working knowledge of Jenkins, Travis or other CI/CD tools
- Prior experience with Docker, Kubernetes/Docker Compose/Docker swarm will be desired
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more