At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes has an opening for an Instrumentation & Electrical
in Pasadena, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
Member of the Bayport Maintenance Team located in Pasadena, Texas (Houston Area) reporting to the Maintenance Engineer and has accountability along with the other members of the Reliability & Maintenance Team for the overall maintenance and reliability of the plant assets. The I&E Technician will maintain chemical plant productivity by troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating and installing electrical and instrumentation equipment in the plant. The technician will also be utilized to evaluate system capabilities and certify or repair as required. Start your career with Baker Hughes, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry!Essential Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work under limited supervision
- Utilize technical skills to troubleshoot chemical production instrumentation, electronics and electrical components
- Repair and calibrate chemical plant instrumentation and electric systems
- Installing wiring and conduit
- Work with Engineering to design and install new electrical and instrumentation equipment to upgrade , replace, and improve existing systems
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and systems while adhering to standard maintenance procedures
- Prepare checklist and logsheet documentation from preventative maintenance activities
- Maintain files, logs and drawings for all instrumentation and electrical equipment
- Participate in PSSR's
- Participate in Process Hazard Reviews
- Follow all appropriate and required standards, procedures, and policies
- Maintain instrumentation and electrical spare parts inventory to maintain plant reliability
- Perform all duties in manner consistent with health, safety, and environmental policies
- Must possess a 2 year Associates degree in Instrumentation or equivalent from an accredited college in Instrumentation or relevant certifications from accredited industrial associations such as ISA or NCCER
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of instrumentation experience in a qualified industrial setting
- Able to install, wire, and program basic PLC's
- Demonstrated skills in the calibration, repair, and maintenance of electronic & pneumatic instrumentation, industrial electrical systems and electronically controlled equipment in a chemical plant
- Able to direct and/or lead others in project work as needed
- Proficient in basic troubleshooting
- Proficient in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams, one-line diagrams, motor controller diagrams, P&ID diagrams, loop diagrams.
- Strong work ethic
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, E-mail, and ability to learn various software packages)
- Understanding of electrical codes, practices, and safety requirements
- Able to exercise independent judgment prior to consultation with supervisor
- Communication skills / ability to communicate with fellow employees as well as external vendors
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot /repair motor control circuits up to 480 VAC preferred
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot /repair instrument loops 24VDC.
- Chemical plant experience is desired
- Understanding of P&ID's a strong plus
- DCS experience is a plus
- SIS experience is a plus
- PLC programming proficiency is a plus
- Maximo familiarity a plus
- Shift will be Monday through Thursday from 7am to 5pm plus overtime
- Will require being part of the On-Call rotation once a month
- Exposure to heights, noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, kneel, stoop, sit, and walk extensively
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future