The Sr Manager SW is responsible for managing the product development team and accountable for timely release of best quality SW solutions by the team. He/She demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, setting program objectives and defining processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience and expertise to mitigate risks, develop team's competency and set challenging priorities for self and the team members.Essential Responsibilities:
- As the SW Product Development Manager, you are expected to have a deep understanding at High Level Design & Low level design for product. You need to understand big picture of business needs for the product line.
- Coaching and mentoring a diverse group of software and user experience engineers and helping the team to understand & balance out technical requirement & business priority will be a part of your job.
- Being a part of the team that works with product owners across the businesses and helping internal / external customers to understand market needs and vision; quickly being able to translate that vision into demonstrable software products.
- You are expected to be a good communicator within both, immediate team and GE leadership and see to it that the team receives consistent messages and has deep understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
- As a manager you need to contribute in hiring a great talent & provide continuous mentoring.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Physics).
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience including minimum 3 years as team manager.
- Strong knowledge of Software Design, SQL Databases and Analytics is expected from a Product Development Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through others; leads multiple agile teams.
- Provides strategic inputs into S2 and other business activities.
- A leader should connect effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers globally & locally in large organizations and should help nurture the team to be a winning squad, inclusive & loyal with product for a long term.