The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Lead Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.Essential Responsibilities:
- The Sr Data Engineer, they will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in BHGE business units.
- Potential application areas include commercial operations, market intelligence analysis and customer master data management. Be Proficient in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one.
- Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities. Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.)
- Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
- Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Computer Science, Information Technology from an accredited college or university Minimum 6 years of experience as data engineer .
- Minimum 6 years of enterprise Database / Data Warehouse design, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, etc.) experience.
- Minimum 6 years of ETL and data visualization technology experience .
- Prior role should have been a team leader role or a solutions architect role with significant experience managing business stakeholders
- Experience in database and datawarehouse design for enterprises Experience in ETL (Informatica, Talend) and visualization technologies (Tableau, Spotfire, OBIEE, BIP).
- Skilled at establishing a governance model for changes to existing data models with the maturity to interact with and manage business stakeholder equirements.
- Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) experience.
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team