Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Sales Executive will be responsible for selling MS Directional products and services to the existing customer base as well as potential new customers; developing and maintaining sales-focused relationships with appropriate customer and potential customer contacts; working collaboratively with Operations to understand activity levels, utilization and other factors impacting the area for which they are responsible.
This position will work under the direction of the Vice President of Sales in the MS Directional (MSD) organization.
- Develop relationships and contact customer decision-makers to generate business for MSD
- Adhere to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Represent the Company and our values with integrity while maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards with all customer interactions
- Demonstrate financial responsibility in adherence to the Company's travel and entertainment policy
- Regularly visit (drive to) customer locations to develop relationships, and contact customer decision-makers to generate business for MSD
- Prepare written reports, cost benefit analysis, solution-oriented presentations, and sales and price quotations to compete for customer business
- Ensure systematic delivery and resolution of customer inquiries and information gathered about customer satisfaction to the appropriate Company personnel/departments
- Develop, demonstrate and deliver value cases for different levels of customer
- Develop new prospects, and interact with existing customers, to increase sales, products, and/or services across all types of well servicing
- Assess the potential application of Company products or services, and offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Conduct intelligence gathering on current and potential customers and competitors.
- Communicate and coordinate with Operations, to understand activity levels, equipment utilization, competitive advantages, growth strategy and customer satisfaction.
- Work directly with operations to identify and improve upon daily operations to continually drive towards Operational Excellence
- Develop positive relationships with other employees in Operations, Marketing, Product Development, and other departments as needed
- Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales
- Communicate customer feedback into future product developments
- Represent the Company in the marketplace through various industry organizations (SPE, AADE, IADC, etc.) and other industry events
- Keep well-informed on current industry trends, opportunities, products and competitive issues
- Self-driven to ensure MSD is being represented every day in a manner consistent with the Company's Core Values.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, trade shows and professional organizations as appropriate
- Position MSD as a market leader within the industry
- Develop strong long lasting relationships at every level within customer's organization.
- Keep accurate track of AR Invoices and ensure timely payment from customers
- Excellent business prospecting skills and strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to function in a high pressure environment, and to respond well to a high level of stress
- Ability to make well informed decisions within tight time constraints consistent with the Company's Core values
- Ability to work weekends and/or additional hours that are needed to complete specific job tasks
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 years business development and sales experience
- Eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company's Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing or a related field
- Prior energy services sales experience preferred
- Prior sales management experience a plus
Variable work hours include regular after-hours, weekend and holiday commitments as well as regular travel within and outside assigned region. The Sales Executive must work with an emphasis and prioritization to maintain a professional attitude when interacting with all Company and customer representatives. Must be able to work closely with others and manage customer interaction in a professional manner.
To be considered as an applicant, please register and apply at www.patenergy.com/careers
In 2001, Patterson Energy and UTI Energy merged to form Patterson-UTI. The combined company continued to grow through a series of successful mergers and acquisitions. Today, our company comprises an impressive collection of top-tier talent, equipment and technology. As one of the top oilfield services companies in the United States, our success stems from our ready-to-serve culture and commitment to quality and safety.