Baker Hughes have an opportunity for an Electronic Test Technician to join BHGE Sensors, Zenith Product Line based in UK. Essential Responsibilities:
Provide technician support to engineering by completing the test and investigation of electrical/ electronic equipment. This would include mechanical/ electrical/ electronic build of units under test& test equipment, writing technical reports, gathering test data and using test equipment. This would require multi-tasking tasks to a timeframe.
- Understand electronic and mechanical drawings
- Following procedures, technical drawings and schematics.
- Completing technical reports: experience in the using windows 7 & 10, Excel, word. (To compile test results & write technical reports)
- Multi-tasking and working to a timeframe. Being thorough in completion of tasks and working to detail
- Keeping a safe working area and work to the 5 Ss.
- Using the 5 fundamentals of an HSE day
- Operating pressure (deadweight, screw press and auto controlled, plumbing/fitting of manifolds for pressure test) and temperature (ovens), electrical, electronic, and mechanical test equipment.
- Operation investigation and test of Baker Hughes (Zenith) equipment
- Operation of MV test equipment
- Setup of units for test and gathering data. (This includes being competent in the use of communications RS485 (single or multi-channel), RS232, current loop, ethernet and computer systems)
- The use of Zenith and third-party software in test and operation of equipment
- HND or B.Sc. in electronic electrical engineering is essential
- Trained/Certificate in soldering to IPC standard would be an advantage
- Have excellent manual skills; soldering to IPC standards, build of PCBs, experience in cabinet electrical wiring
- Background in instrumentation, use of test equipment, electronic PCB build, and test
- Being able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in MV would be an advantage: ESP Drive, motor, flash and megger tester
- Experience with pressure hydraulic fittings and mechanical fitting would be an advantage
- Experience in Instrumentation: temperature, pressure, vibration, flow, would be an advantage
- Experience in the oil and gas industrial, especially downhole electronics would be an advantage
- Experience in environmental qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in electronic /electrical fault finding would be an advantage
- Familiarisation with electrical & electronics, EN, IEC, ISO, BS standards and CE, UL, CSA accreditation would be an advantage
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more