Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
BHGE have an opportunity for an Electronic Test Technician to join BHGE Sensors, Zenith Product Line based in UK. Essential Responsibilities:
Provide technician support to engineering by completing the test and investigation of electrical/ electronic equipment. This would include mechanical/ electrical/ electronic build of units under test & test equipment, writing technical reports, gathering test data and using test equipment. This would require multi-tasking tasks to a timeframe.
- Understand electronic and mechanical drawings
- Following procedures, technical drawings and schematics.
- Completing technical reports: experience in the using windows 7 & 10, Excel, word. (To compile test results & write technical reports)
- Multi-tasking and working to a timeframe. Being thorough in completion of tasks and working to detail
- Keeping a safe working area and work to the 5 Ss.
- Using the 5 fundamentals of an HSE day
- Operating pressure (deadweight, screw press and auto controlled, plumbing/fitting of manifolds for pressure test) and temperature (ovens), electrical, electronic, and mechanical test equipment.
- Operation investigation and test of BHGE (Zenith) equipment
- Operation of MV test equipment
- Setup of units for test and gathering data. (This includes being competent in the use of communications RS485 (single or multi-channel), RS232, current loop, ethernet and computer systems)
- The use of Zenith and third-party software in test and operation of equipment
- HND or B.Sc. in electronic electrical engineering is essential
- Trained/Certificate in soldering to IPC standard would be an advantage
- Have excellent manual skills; soldering to IPC standards, build of PCBs, experience in cabinet electrical wiring
- Background in instrumentation, use of test equipment, electronic PCB build, and test
- Being able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in MV would be an advantage: ESP Drive, motor, flash and megger tester
- Experience with pressure hydraulic fittings and mechanical fitting would be an advantage
- Experience in Instrumentation: temperature, pressure, vibration, flow, would be an advantage
- Experience in the oil and gas industrial, especially downhole electronics would be an advantage
- Experience in environmental qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in electronic /electrical fault finding would be an advantage
- Familiarisation with electrical & electronics, EN, IEC, ISO, BS standards and CE, UL, CSA accreditation would be an advantage
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more