Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Offshore Operative - Solids Control for an Ad-Hoc contract position, located in Aberdeen.
To operate and assist in maintaining all equipment whilst ensuring all health, safety and environmental issues connected with company and client operations are adhered to. Integrate with team members and client personnel and assist with gathering data as directed and explained by Lead and Senior Lead Engineers.
- Operate machinery using basic computer skills.
- Develop and utilise an understanding of process operations.
- Liaise with client personnel and company team members to gather relevant data and record as directed.
- Report any problems or issues with equipment or processes to Lead or Senior Lead Engineer.
- Share knowledge and experience with all relevant personnel.
- Pro-actively contribute to the ongoing learning and development of personnel.
- Assist with any maintenance of mechanical equipment if required and appropriate.
- Undertake other relevant duties on board the rig as required, e.g. pit cleaning, tank cleaning etc.
- Ensure all personnel and agency workers and staff respect facilities on the rig, e.g. accommodation, equipment etc.
- Following all company and HSE procedures
- Addressing any concerns and taking appropriate actions in conjunction with company procedures
- Attending monthly safety meetings with HSE personnel
- Participate in company and Client SOC card programs and meet monthly submission levels.
- Report any incidents or concerns to Senior Lead Engineers.
- Ensure all activities comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all activities comply with Business Conduct Policy.
- Ensure all activities comply with the Company Health and Safety policy as defined in the Company handbook
- Working within drilling water or Process industries
- Solids Control Equipment Experience including:
- Screw Conveyors
- Vacuum Units
- Bulk Storage and Transfer Systems
- Air Transfer Systems
- Pit Cleaning Operations
- Offshore Experience essential
- Training and competence record available;
- Valid Offshore Survival (BOSIET / FOET);
- Valid OGUK Medical (for a minimum of 3 months);
- Confined Space Entry;
- Permit to Work Awareness;
- Manual Handling;
- H2S Awareness;
- Working at Height Awareness;
- Lifting Operations Awareness;
- Spill Control;
- Environmental Awareness & Waste Management.