Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Contract Engineer for one of our client a multinational oil and gas production company.
The role is based in Lagos and Resident
- Work closely with counterpart to create the contracts dossier, develop a clear definition of contractual responsibilities and discuss the agenda including
- Validation of contracts strategy
- Negotiation and analysis of commercial bids
- Participation in recommendations to award
- Adapt standard and template documents to local conditions
- Provide professional advice and guidance to all contract owners/entities with respect to contractual matters
- Liaise with C&P Methods/planning/market and line Manager for timely reporting (not limited to validate and
- record of saving, Contiki) and statistics matters
- Keep informed or best practices in contracts procedures in other entities and affiliates for improvement of contracts practices in the company
- Use frame agreements signed by headquarters
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date list of qualified contractors/suppliers/potential tenders/contracts with
- updated information in order to perform market studies; analyze and assess all possible answers from the market
- Arranging and attending Contracts Committee Meetings, common recommendation with duet
- Pre-qualifying bidders
- Defining target prices
- Defining criteria for evaluation
- Establish CFT commercial documents
- Prepare and send out the dossiers of pre-consultation and Standard or Complex invitations to bid
- Verify the alignment with Ethics, H3SEQ clauses, Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation when issuing all technical contracts and when drafting contractual and commercial terms and conditions
- Prepare files for the settlement of law suits in relation with the juridical, insurance and financial department
- Monitor contractor's performance promoting and attending service quality meetings, claims, amendments and contract renewal discussions with contractor and manage and maintain a network with Stakeholders such as NAPIMS, NCD, Department of Petroleum Resources, etc.
- Carries out any other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (preferably Supply Chain)
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Up to 5 years experience in oil well construction activities of which 3 should be in contract administration.
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO SIGN AN AUTHORIZATION FORM