Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Project Manager based in Aberdeen.
This visible role will lead an integrated well construction Project for the Integrated Well Services (IWS) product line
The position reports in a matrix manner to both the IWS Operations Director, and Region Leader. Additionally the position will engage significantly with the IWS Project Management Office.
This is a high profile position with full business ownership, P&L responsibility, accountability and decision making remit for significant high profile integrated well construction project. Essential Responsibilities:
- Leads all elements (BHGE products and services, contracted parties, Client interface) of the project from operational deployment through to closing, safely and efficiently towards increasing profitability through On Time Delivery, Performance Improvement, and Incremental Revenue through upsell strategies, additional pull through of additional products or services.
- Directly manages the core Project Management Team, and indirectly all other Project assigned personnel.
- Manages multiple products and services across multiple wellsites/rigs in often complex contractual arrangements.
- Manages the Project Schedule at the top level and applies solutions to both leading and lagging situations, unforeseen and predicted.
- Applies Company and specific group (IWS) Management System processes and procedures across the project, as well as any mandated software solutions.
- Utilizes Project Management Methodology (PMBoK) in daily working practice, additionally encouraging team members by example.
- Performs as Single Point of Contact with the client, nurtures the relationship, acts as contract manager and ensures Project Communication Plan is in place and functional across all levels and areas of the project.
- Creates, modifies, improves Project Execution Plan and all parts thereof, ie Risk Management Plan, Communications Plan, Sourcing Plan, Vendor Management Plan, Schedule, Quality Plan, Stakeholder Matrix, Data Management, Readiness Plan, Performance Improvement Plan and so on.
- Performs continual Project Reviews, with client, Company Leadership, Internal Project Staff, Contracted Parties and potential Industry or Official Bodies. Participates in PEER reviews, After Action Reviews and any investigations as required.
- Utilizes proficient networking and touchpoints in a matrix organization in order to ensure sufficient and effective use of supporting resources for the project from the wider organization.
- Works closely with IWS centres of expertise in delivery of project and group KPIs, as well as daily operational and financial (Cost/Time) actuals versus plan, DSO, Cash Flow in order to make informed decisions and implement proactive measures.
- Responsible for accurate financial forecasting and to deliver the committed Revenue, Margin and Cash Flow.
- Ensures full deployment of financial tracking systems, and performs analytics on same in concert with project plan and schedule analysis to keep control of the project performance.
- Directs efforts in regard to Contingency Planning, from ERP deployment and testing/drills, to Risk Mitigation status per the plan. Strong promoter and chair of Management of Change process as well as member of ERT.
- Displays and encourages company ethics, initiatives across both the assigned project and the wider organization.
- May take an active and effective stance in representing the company/project in external industry communities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Significant experience of relevant oil & gas project management related integrated multi service delivery, LSTK.
- Major experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Residential at project office location with 20% travel, to field locations expected. (Some projects may offer 28/28 rotation).
- Requirement to attain IWS Competence Qualifications, and to be registered in BHGE PM Academy.
- Strong understanding of Upstream business environment, including technical and logistical elements.
- Good knowledge of Well Engineering, Well Construction, Drilling contractor management, equipment packages and technical solutions.
- Global experience delivering effective outcomes in varying and complex commercial and contractual models.
- Ability to manage significantly complex projects containing multiple rigs, multiple significant subcontracted services, and numerous internal Product Line services.
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing and planning skills.
- Ability to manage, develop, coach and mentor complex teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix organization.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across multiple Product Companies, functions, geographies, external parties.
- Extensive knowledge of business plans, Project Planning, and execution of all elements of Project Execution Plans
- Extensive knowledge of and track record in utilizing Project Management methodologies (in particular by Project Management Institute) across complex and multiple operational projects.
- Experience in contract management, both with clients, and subcontracted parties.
- PMP Certification.
- Previous experience with an Operator and/or Products & Services additional to BHGE OFS.
- Current, or prior Well Control certification, ie WELLCAP or IWCF.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more