Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for a QC Inspector with a manufacturing background for their Aberdeen based client.
Responsible for ensuring that all fabrication work is carried out to the customer specifications and expectations.
* Control of weld procedures and their suitability.
* Ensure all welders qualifications are recorded and up to date.
* Ensure weld procedures are improved and develop new weld procedures as required.
* Comply with the Control of Fabrication and Welding Procedure and undertake weld audits as required as part of this procedure.
* Ensure all routing schedules are up to date.
* Co-ordination of weld procedures to support bids and quotations.
* Comply fully with all HSEQ policies and procedures, highlighting improvements as and when required.
* Ensure that inspections of all third party manufactured, machined and tested parts are carried out correctly.
* Conduct periodic dimensional checks of fabricated parts.
* Liase with third party inspectors.
* Create and maintain traceability records.
* Ensure all quality documentation is complied in an accurate and timely manner.
* Minimum 10 years inspection experience in a steel fabrication facility.
* Inspection experience in an oil and gas environment.
* A suitable recognised qualification.
* Welding inspector qualifications would be beneficial and a good understanding of weld procedures.
* A background of proactive inspection in a subsea fabrication/assembly environment.
* Excellent interpretation of complex engineering drawings.
* Understanding of both machining and fabrication.
* Good knowledge of weld procedures and NDT.
* Ability to conduct dimensional checks and reports.
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send your CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND