Reporting to Digital Technology Team leader, the Software Engineer will be responsible for SAP solutions for all business processes and related custom developments. The candidate will establish operating rhythm with Program Managers/Project Managers/Business Process Leaders/ Business users to collaborate on Projects implementation- Rollouts/support opportunities for simplification/standardization/Improvements.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Participate in complete SAP projects / roll-outs.
- Collaborate with Technical and Functional leads, Project Managers, and cross functional stakeholders/partners for development activities.
- Establish, promote and drive best practices in software development across the entire SDLC.
- Demonstrate and maintain a commitment to quality, security, efficiency, and maintainability.
- Demonstrate and mentor maturity and an understanding that code alone does not equal a finished product. Help foster and maintain excellent documentation practices and a belief that maintainable code, with an ample knowledge base of accurate and current documentation is a software development best practice.
- Be accountable for the quality of solutions delivered by project and support teams and to the best of your ability assist BPLs, SMEs, other developers, and end users in excellent testing guidance.
- Provide technical leadership in providing solution designs, development reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer
- Science, or Engineering or 10 years of IT technical experience
- Minimum 7 years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Software Development
- Minimum 3 years of SAP ECC 6.0 experience
- Excellent, demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- English language proficiency, both spoken and written
- Experience in new implementations / roll-out /Enhancements and Support.
- Experience in all technical aspects of custom development in SAP environment including reports, forms (SAP Script and Smart Forms), Enhancements, Interface development and conversion.
- Experience and knowledge of all interface/conversion development techniques in SAP - Files, RFC, IDOCs, Proxies, Web Service, LSMW.
- Experience with o Object Oriented ABAP o SAP Workflow o Webdynpro o SmartForms SAPScript o ABAP Query o Search Helps (aka. Match Codes) o Field Exists o Debugging utilities.
- 6+ years experience with CMMI-5 company.
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer.
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization. Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key.
- Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
- Experience and understanding of the Systems Developer
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more