Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Part of the Chemicals Technology Group focused on our scale, paraffin, asphaltene and hydrate inhibitor business,that falls under the Flow Assurance umbrella. The purpose of this role is to support the growth of the business in a Research and Development capacity focused on new and known polymer chemistry. The role involves developing knowledge and understanding all product types and applications supported by the groupEssential Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct synthesis and development of new and known polymer chemistries
- Use project management tools including experimental design and gate processes to ensure reliable products are produced via a robust manufacturing process.
- Liaise with toll manufacturers and suppliers
- Working knowledge of Reach
- Communicate and present results
- Major relevant industrial experience
- Working knowledge of Reach legislation
- A minimum BSc(Hons) degree in Organic Chemistry, with a PhD or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Demonstrable track record in commercialisation of new products with a focus on speed to market
- Team working skills essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more