Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Aptara Tree Lead Engineer, LPB, position is a competent individual capable of undertaking approval of design, validation and verification activities on Oil & Gas equipment typically pressure containing and/or load bearing in nature, meeting internal & external Engineering competence standards as defined further in this document. The position of lead Engineer may typically work under the guidance of a Senior Engineer or similar.
Specific to this role, the Aptara Tree Lead Engineer will work within the Aptara Engineering team, reporting to the Aptara Engineering manager. The position requires specific focus to drive and facilitate Engineering and manufacturing alignment, to assist in the design, manufacture and assembly of all aspects of Aptara activities.
This position requires that all activities are in compliance with the company policies and procedures relating to Safety, Health and Environmental protection. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that their activities and those of others satisfy the Technical Operating Policies and Procedures (TOPPS). The position of Lead Engineer requires that all design and verification activities satisfy ISO 9001,ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
• Support the Global discipline manager in creating a unified Subsea team providing design and manufacturing processes expertise
• Promote technical excellence to support product process qualification, internal manufacturing, field services and issue resolution.
• Drive a team of SME with specific focus on GD&T to support Design for Manufacturing (DfM) and Design for Sourcing (DfS) for all the projects, program and NPI.
• Ensuring compliance with MBE and digital thread through PLM. Support the DES/CAD global leader on MBD Engineering integration.
• Adhere to recognised international and regional drafting standards.
• Lead lessons learned meetings to drive improvements in model/drawing quality and ensure continuous communication with Manufacturing.
• Comply with all department initiatives to meet and improve performance metrics.
• Ensuring designs meet specifications ISO API etc.
• Assist in identifying and ensuring equipment is designed in accordance with current Environmental, Health & Safety legislation/regulations.
• Liaise with Manufacturing to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture.
• Provide information/updates to Management, Engineering Team Lead, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineers or Engineers for weekly and monthly reports.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Assist other Engineers and Managers as required.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent extensive design experience in lieu.
• 5+ experience in Design discipline and DFMS
• Experience of producing drawings to a recognised industry standard (ISO, ASME, etc.) and 3D model with PMI in compliance with ASME Y14.41
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proactive, takes initiative to resolve upcoming issues and develop working processes.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• CREO, IPEM and Team center experience.
• Working knowledge of ASME drafting standards.
• Strong Knowledge of GD&T.
• Knowledge of applicable manufacturing techniques.
• Good communication techniques.
• Previous Oil & Gas experience.