The role is a senior position, working for the Global Commercial Director SPS-S-O to bring Commercial leadership to one of BHGE's key partnerships with a leading industry player.
The partnership is focussed on the integrated pursuit and execution of major Subsea projects comprising the SPS system along with Subsea Umbilicals Risers and Flowlines (SURF). The partnership is already accepted in the industry and executing major projects with major international customers.
The position will work closely with other stakeholders within a dedicated team comprising BHGE and Partner employees working on a co-located basis in the South East of England within close travel distance of Central London.
The role will also closely engage with BHGE Regional Directors, Sales Leaders and all supporting functions to deliver growth in strategic markets and ensure best practices in the pursuit of major projects are applied globally.
Leading a commercial team, the role must analyze the market environment, engage with customers to identify opportunities and implement commercial strategies to secure business.
This role requires a sound appreciation of the Oil & Gas, Upstream and Subsea market environment including technical, commercial, legal and political factors which influence tendering activities as well as knowledge of global and regional market characteristics.
The role requires strong technical knowledge and experience of SPS and Subsea Services, including installation, commissioning and life of field management of installed SPS equipment as well as Services solutions focused on production enhancement, well intervention, integrity management and decommissioning.
The role must support global teams in their interactions with the Partnership.
The role is accountable for delivering Commercial goals and objectives in accordance with the Partnership Business Plan and Priorities. Primarily the role will be measured on the extent to which Commercial processes within the Partnership are optimised and effective as well as establishing strong pursuit capture strategies which lead to the partnership securing new business.
The Commercial Leader will have overall responsibility to manage the Commercial Inquiry to Order (ITO) tendering process for the Partnership across all global regions. The role will identify opportunities and work with regional Commercial teams to ensure they are effectively managed from initial prospecting and qualifying through the bid development and submission phases and concluding in the negotiating, closure and handover of orders to execution teams.
The Commercial Leader will be supported by other Commercial team-members based in the UK and elsewhere in the region and will be responsible for providing leadership direction, implementing a robust operating rhythm, clearly setting goals, tracking performance and developing talent, all with the highest standards of integrity and compliance.
The role must maintain strong connections within the BHGE organisation to ensure opportunities are identified and resources mobilised to deliver within the various global fulfilment and services centres.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with Global and Regional business leaders to identify market opportunities, develop commercial strategies and deliver in accordance with objectives of the Partnership
- Engage with customers to develop a strong appreciation of their technical and commercial requirements and develop responses for the Partnership
- Work closely with Sales, Product Management, Engineering, supporting functions and the Commercial and delivery Centres of Excellence (COE) to develop solutions which are optimal for customers and the Partnership
- Implement strategies to secure business in the SPS and SURF market whilst also looking beyond this to identify broader business opportunities for the Partnership
- Implement robust operating rhythm using digital systems and tools to monitor opportunity pipeline, identify risks and opportunities and ensure delivery to the agreed orders plan and targets
- Implement a robust Commercial framework for the Partnership spanning opportunity identification, pursuit and capture management, contracting, tendering and project launch
- Ensure responsiveness to identified opportunities and that resources are effectively mobilised
- Set clear priorities for direct team and all supporting areas including Engineering, Sourcing, Product Management and Supply Chain.
- Represent the business at in customer meetings
- Exemplify the BHGE Cultural Pillars and core behaviours to inspire team members and colleagues
- Ensure the highest levels of compliance and integrity and ensure process adherence to all commercial and tendering requirements
- Work closely with Legal, Finance and Tax teams to identify and manage risk in accordance with the established Commercial Deal Management process and Commercial Delegation of Authority (DoA) and negotiate effectively with customers
- Use, develop and introduce commercial costing, pricing, document management and other digital systems and tools to ensure an efficient and simplified approach to managing workload
- Manage proposals workload to ensure responsiveness to customers and on time delivery of proposals
- Instil a learning culture in which key learnings are captured and inform improvements to processes, proposals and business execution strategies
- Share best practice within the Partnership across Regions, Product Companies, Centres of Excellence and supporting functions
- Develop the capability and competence of the Partnership and Global Stakeholders through coaching, training, on the job learning and provide leadership and direction within the culture of a high performing team
- Ensure timely and comprehensive hand-over of won projects to the Order to Remission (OTR) execution teams
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business or another related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in the Oil & Gas and Subsea industry
- Strong domain knowledge of the SPS and / or SURF markets with track record
- Specific experience in Commercial management and leadership roles
- Network of industry contacts
- Strong business and commercial acumen combined with a strategic mindset
- Outgoing and proactive - will take a lead and remain accountable
- Customer-oriented, able to adapt and be responsive in a competitive and changing environment
- Able to mobilise, influence, lead and coach global teams to perform at a high level and deliver on strategic objectives
- Deep domain knowledge of Subsea industry environment and market participants with an established network of industry contacts
- Strong technical appreciation of SPS and SURF
- Ability to communicate and work across different geographies and cultures
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of tendering for major international projects including pursuit strategies, bid compliance, proposal development, cost estimating and pricing
- Sound legal and contractual knowledge with experience in negotiating major contracts
- Ability to simplify processes and work practices with a desire to learn and improve
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present clearly to customers and senior leaders
- Engaging leadership style, consultative with high emphasis on interpersonal skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working .