The Buyer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to execute and solve problems and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.Essential Responsibilities
- Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for procurement requirements.
- Support the business team in ensuring that quotes needed are collected in a timely manner.
- Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels.
- Assist in the preparation of a weekly sourcing report.
- Actively participate in appraisal performance reviews of commodity buyers.
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Actively participate in the setting up of Frame Agreements when and where required.
- Provide timely and effective communication of issues to the department manager.
- Assist in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice.
- Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain.
- Take initiatives to clarify requirements for purchase orders and/or contracts.
- Cohesion with Project team to meet the Delivery requirements of Customer
- Support the Plant Manager/Manufacturing team on the manufacturing build plan
- Drive On-time delivery & Cost down targets
- Purchase order creation as per demand.
- Ensuring Supplier On time delivery
- Bachelor's Degree and min.4 years of Supply Chain or Sourcing experience.
- Purchasing Systems experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Team Player and grooms the Team-Ability to be a self-starter and team-builder
- Able to manage leadership meetings and presentations
- Knowledge of Subsea Production System products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly motivated team member / leader
- Ability to make formal and appealing presentations