Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based Aberdeen for a duration of 4 months.
You will join the Process Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process systems for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve Process Design, Process Simulation, Process Equipment & Instrument Datasheets, PFD, P&ID, calculations and HAZOP. Design positions involve the utilisation of CAD to produce P&ID and PFD CAD drawings.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedures
- Supervision of discipline personnel and allocation of work
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation
- Undertake staff appraisals of discipline staff - Undertake training of less experienced engineers, including duties as a mentor
- Ensure delivery of all aspects of discipline design, specification and procurement of the project to cost, schedule and quality criteria
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Codes and Standards
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and wide ranging expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Capable of taking a major role in setting and managing discipline objectives
- Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities
- Experienced/competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a medium/large sized single discipline team within a project