Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview : Technicians hydrostatically test tubing going in or coming out of the hole ensuring all connections are good, looking for holes, high-pressure splits, bad collars, pinholes, crimped joints and any other weak places in the tubing. Technicians maintain their equipment and work over tools after each job.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to : Truck Foreman or Pusher
Directs Reports : None
Major duties :
- Drives equipment to and from location
- Rigs up which includes hanging shiv at top of rig, feeding the winch line, and testing the seating nipple and first joint
- Pressures up testing tubes and reads gauges to determine pipe quality
- Complies with applicable specifications and standards
- Discards and/or rejects materials not meeting specifications
- Identifies and/or properly marks materials with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status
- Makes up test bars including layout; makes sure each bar is in place in correct order
- Runs winch to pick up test bars and place inside tubing then proceeds to test
- Rigs down job
- Maintains clean equipment and performs maintenance on vehicle
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to climb to top of rig and work for extended periods
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Ability to interact with others and communicate effectively, reading and understanding safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- 2 years' previous well head tubing experience
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform under all types of weather and physical conditions
- Ability to lift and position vehicle equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit long periods of time
- Ability to stand long periods while working on location, rigging up, and working on down hole tools
Typical working conditions and hazards :
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres, and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees.
To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment