Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently looking for a Recruiter- Lead who has the passion in helping people find the purpose filled. If you want to build a career in a global company and work with a dynamic team across multiple countries, then this opportunity is for you.
Where you fit in
Southeast Asia (SEA) is a major market for Shell. We have a wide range of businesses covering Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas, Projects & Technology and Functions. We bring in approximately 500 new external hires to Shell in SEA across Graduate, Experienced Hire and Operator- Crafts Recruitment segments annually.
Talent and Integrated Resourcing play a key part in HR's success. The Integrated Resourcing team will manage all aspects of hiring across internal and external needs, and in the future contingent workforce. Being part of this team offers a great opportunity to contribute to HR's transformation and innovation in how we deliver the very best candidates to Shell. You will be an integral part of the HR team and client groups you resource for and have an opportunity to truly represent our brand externally.
Shell is looking for Recruiter Lead to manage a team who is responsible for attraction, assessment and appointment of Experienced Hire & Operator - Crafts Recruitment hires/ moves within Singapore, Thailand and Philippines. As a recruiter lead you will also support "borderless resourcing" model, contributing to other countries in the SEA Cluster (Malaysia and Indonesia) as and when may be needed.
What's the role?
The role holder will lead a team of Recruiters in handling XP and OCR resourcing activities to ensure Shell in Singapore, Philippines and Thailand to achieve high-quality supply and timely appointment of people to roles. This individual will maintain high standards of ethics, objectivity and customer service - putting employee/ candidate experience at the center of delivery.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role as follows:
- Develop and agree a forward-looking country resourcing plan in partnership with Recruitment Marketing and Country Leadership for Singapore, Philippines and Thailand that helps support business and HR priorities.
- Lead the delivery of people appointments to roles, meeting job requisitions and hiring needs with timely, high-fit candidates.
- Organize and lead a team of 7 recruiters, covering clear client portfolios and role categories. Coach and develop a high performing team to achieve strong business partnering capability and resourcing excellence across breadth of KPIs; quality, speed, cost, diversity.
- Develop strong business intimacy between the team and the business through partnership discussions on end to end resourcing strategy and thought partnership with Country Coordination teams.
- Establish a fully integrated delivery partnership with key Resourcing teams; global Sourcing Hub, Marketing and Resourcing Operations. Ensure Southeast Asia priorities are understood, that the country-aligned team members are sufficient, well-connected with in-country recruiters.
- Be a visible Shell Ambassador in the external market, engaging important networks and associations who Resourcing has a relationship with, for example; key academics or student groups, benchmark groups.
Be a proactive leader in the SEA Cluster team. Supporting cross-SEA country needs flexibly and actively contribute towards a common regional and global Integrated Resourcing roadmap
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Significant experience on Resourcing process, practices and marketing across multiple portfolios and building an integrated plan to support different businesses and countries
- A proven ability in Relationship Management, excellent communication, clear oral and written skills, effective questioning and active listening to be able to develop deep understanding of different stakeholder needs, assert credibility and challenge as needed and deliver
- Experience in setting clear goals and providing regular feedback and coaching to an experienced team to engage and lead while effectively demonstrating and encouraging collaboration face to face and virtually (in country and with peers in Sourcing and Operations)
- Ability to provide data-led analysis and insight to help the team use metrics to optimise planning and priorities. For example, marketing and resourcing data points of; market tracking, application volumes, open requisition numbers, cycle time of recruitment stages, assessment results, diversity of applicants/ shortlist/ appointments/assessors
- Strong project management capabilities often cutting across multiple countries and functions
- Sound marketing know-how to be able to assess quality & efficiency of recruitment attraction & pipeline, and able to work with Recruitment Marketing to craft fit-for-purpose interventions to drive up market attractiveness & application
- Strong external market knowledge, Shell employer brand in countries of coverage across SEA
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video