Shell is offering an unapparelled opportunity for talented professionals to join the Learning Design and Development (D&D) team for one of the leading organizations in the Oil and Gas industry.
The Shell Learning community has been at the top of performance and achievement among organizations around the world for the quality and innovative approach to Learning. Having been recognize by Brandon Hall organization as a top winner of their prestigious awards, Shell has received 22 international awards in Brandon Hall 2018 edition being the company with most awards across the globe and competing with hundreds of companies from 50 different countries.
The Learning Design and Development teams is part of the Learning Operations within Shell. Our teams are diverse in nature and spread across the work, being the main hubs, USA, The Netherlands, the Philippines, Poland and India: Bangalore and Chennai.
The Learning Design and Development team works with internal stakeholders and global suppliers to design over 350 learning interventions per year for all businesses/functions across Shell and to identify and implement Learning related innovations. The D&D team are the architects of translating needs identified by Learning Portfolios into fit-for-purpose learning solution,
What's the role?
You will in this role help Shell focus on the following:
- Develop and maintain strong business focused relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Collaborate with, and often challenge, others to ensure the full spectrum of learning options are applied, seeking opportunities for more informal/non-programmatic learning solutions (on the job, blended, coaching/mentoring, classroom, networks, KM)
- Influencing shift from "building", to "buying" and "borrowing" learning solutions
- Manage a budget of up to $3min per year and provide accurate budget and status reports to all stakeholders
- Engagement with external vendors
- Support the implementation of the 70:20:10 framework across portfolios and other initiatives in alignment with Learning Strategy.
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings including Learning Managers and Learning VPs.
- Strong knowledge of Technology enlable learning solution and digitalization of content: Simulations, gaming, Virtual Realty, Augmented reality and other forms for digital solutions
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
Preferably with more than 10 years of experience on comparable role plus your personal skills that will make all the difference. Positive and proactive, you're a natural collaborator - someone who can cultivate strong professional networks and operate effectively in a corporate, team-focused environment. You're accomplished at bringing out the best in others too, whether that's supporting and coaching others or influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders and decision-makers.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.