Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Field Engineer acts as a manufacturing/engineering/maintenance/testing liaison for design-to-production contracts. The Field Engineer provides on-site support and acts as an ADTECH representative to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interfaces with all phases of design to production; ensures input at an early stage for appropriate system design.
- Maintains,troubleshoots and repairs hyperbaric and mechanical systems.
- Provides support of red-lining of drawing packages to reflect "as-built" status of equipment.
- Develops manufacturing and installation cost-benefit analysis input.
- Augments engineering processes at design and reviews with field experience.
- Performs a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks under general supervision of a senior level engineer; involved in the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of hyperbaric equipment and manned systems.
- Conducts research and reference reading to assist higher-level engineers in obtaining technical information and keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
- Performs engineering or other highly technical tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Plans and carries out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
- Supports projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
- Generates sections of design specifications of more complex projects or completes specifications of less complex projects.
- Uses computer-assisted test methods, conducts laboratory investigations on equipment or systems.
- Assists in preparing reports, correspondence, or technical studies.
- Studies current approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
- Performs all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
- Capable of operating hyperbaric chamber systems and support equipment.
- Associate's degree in engineering or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles and a familiarity with related engineering fields.
- Minimum ten years of experience in field operations including fabrication, assembly, installation, and testing of advanced hyperbaric and mechanical systems.
- Two years in the direct supervision of field operations including manufacturing, operations personnel, and subcontractors.
- Two years of experience in the supervision and maintenance of hyperbaric systems including testing and troubleshooting.
- Practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of ANSI drawing practices for mechanical drafting and working knowledge of life support, hydraulic, and electrical schematics.
- Experience with preparation of progress reports, job completion estimates, and cost estimating essential.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, AWS D1.1,2.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active Government Security Clearance Required - TS / SCI.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Experience directly related to construction, installation, testing, and maintenance of equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.