Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Design and develop software solutions to enable connectivity and control of sensors and actuators at the Edge
- Convert data analytics algorithms into software solutions
- Support the design of the software architecture and selection of the development environment
- Daily tasks involve designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging system software using programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Angular Javascipt and Python
- Create and manage technical documentation
- Participate in peer code and design reviews
- MS Computer Science Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience
- Knowledge of hardware and software computer architectures, different IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Extensive knowledge of communication protocols (Modbus/RTU or TCP, Profinet, OPC, MQTT, AMQP), messaging systems, embedded Linux, and device management
- Extra skill: Understand embedded hardware and software for hard real-time measurement and control systems incorporating multiple processors/DSPs using Real-Time
- Extra skill: Experience with National Instruments CompactRIO/Labview
- Extra skill: Experience with PLCs, HMIs & SCADA systems including Rockwell/Allen Bradley and Siemens
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.