Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Sr. Contracts Advisor is responsible for supporting the VP/GMs and Contract Managers of the five divisions of the Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) region of Oceaneering International, Inc. as well as the Assistant General Counsel, ADTECH, with a particular focus on the Government Divisions. The role requires strong working knowledge of FAR/DFAR's and other FAR supplements and mandatory flow-downs, drafting/reviewing terms and conditions to ensure that they comply with company policies and guidelines, and as needed, negotiating terms and conditions and other contractual agreements on behalf of all ADTECH divisions. This position will assist division personnel with RFP and bid strategy, preparation and review, and provide assistance to the AGC ADTCH as required. A working knowledge of ITAR, EAR and LUI is also required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft, review and negotiate terms and conditions of ADTECH U.S. Government proposals (both as Prime and a Sub), contracts, and other legal agreements as requested, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Master Service Agreements, etc.
- Assist in drafting contract policies and procedures and model documents for use by ADTECH contract departments.
- Review FAR, DARS, Agency Supplementals and other clauses.
- Provide contracts advice and support to Contracts Manager and administrators as well as senior operations managers.
- Interacting daily with a variety of levels of management both within the company and/or customer organizations.
- Recognize and counsel company personnel on export control matters.
- Support non-ADTECH regions of the company entering into U.S. Government Contracts.
- B.S. or B.A. required.
- Law Degree required.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Minimum of five-eight years Contracts Review.
- Successful candidate should have experience in drafting/reviewing/negotiating various types of Contracts in accordance with applicable law and regulations, as well as corporate policies and procedures. The Sr. Contracts Advisor should also possess excellent written and oral communication skills, customer relations, attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Expectation of this function include strict attention to detail and clear communication. Technical knowledge of U.S. Government Contract vehicles and commercial contracts is expected to be broad and deep enough to identify areas of concern and obtain final solutions. Possess ability to work as part of a team of senior managers and technical personnel. Good organization skills with analytical / logical approach
- Strong knowledge of contracts administration, subcontract administration and related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR/DFARS) and related Government regulations and practices as well as general commercial contracting principles.
- Familiarity with financial and accounting principles of U.S. Government Contracts e.g., Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Must possess skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the Company.
- Strong service-oriented approach to internal and external customers
- Ability to review and negotiate all contract types to include Cost, Time and Materials, Fixed Price, and variations thereof is required.
- Experience with sole source competitive acquisitions.
- Proficiency in providing legal aspects of government acquisitions to division personnel.
- The use of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, is necessary as well as a general familiarization with other widely used computer programs, including ability for research.
- Must be able to work in a multi-task, fast paced environment.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) status and National Contract Management Association (NCMA) membership.
- Contracts administration and review experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.