Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Buying/Procurement Specialist to support Wireline Services in our Rankin Rd facility in Houston.Essential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, manages various aspects of supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Drives supplier relationship management and is responsible for improving KPIs.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- May select and negotiate with approved vendors.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- Reviews bids and contracts submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed.
- May substitute items without approval.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- May recommend new developments in materials and supplies.
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, legal compliance requirements and core values.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years' procurement, sourcing or similar experience.
- Order Management experience a plus.
- Applies stand-alone knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
- Prior experience with materials management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Machine shop or manufacturing experience.
Houston, TX (Rankin Road location)