Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Responsible for Quality at the Farnborough site, within this role you will be responsible for the Quality Assurance Team, Quality Control - Production Quality Team, and the Supplier Quality team. You will be responsible for maintaining ISO9001:2015 certifcation and leading the internal and external audit program for the site. You will be a key member of the Farnborough site leadership team and demonstrate overall accountability to business objectives.
You will also be responsible for leading the Technical Regulations & Standards (TRS) program for all products manufactured at the site and across the wider business as and when required.Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain ISO9001:2015 certification
- Develop, implement, maintain & improve the Farnborough QMS.
- Support the wider company businesses, in relation to QMS as and when required.
- TR&S Leadership for the compliance of products to international Technical Regulations and Standards
- Reducing the cost of Poor Quality to improve customer satisfaction and minimize costs.
- Develop and monitor Cost of Quality Indicators to ensure the manufacturing team and sustaining engineering teams drive the appropriate iniatives to eliminate escaping defects to reduce costs.
- Provide leadership and develop the Quality team.
- Lead iniatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and develop a continuous improvement culture (projects using Shainin/ Six Sigma and 5S Metholodolgy)
- Support technical problems arising on the production floor or at subcontractors.
- Select, hire, train and provide ongoing leadership to the business
- Work cross functionally with the quality, production, materials, sourcing and engineering organisation to improve Quality and Manufacturing processes, introduce new products and improve product design.
- Develop and own product regulatory processes to manage global technical regulations, industry standards and mandatory product certification requirements in accordance with company policies.
- Monitor for changes in all applicable existing regulations & standards and new emerging regulations ensuring the information is flowed down to relevant functions.
- Develop and own the process for mandatory registration and reporting such as WEEE and Battery requirements.
- Support all functions of the business with regulatory documentation, third party testing and generic aspects of product compliance.
- Act as the signatory for Declarations of Conformity for all Sondex Wireline Product Lines.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar environment.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO9001:2015.
- Significant experience working in a Design & Manufacturing Environment.
- CQI & IRCA recognized auditor qualification (preferably Lead Auditor).
- Good knowledge of Process Improvement Tools such as Six Sigma, 5 Why's, Fishbone, etc.
- Experience in performing Root Cause Analysis.
- Good knowledge of product certification schemes & global regulatory compliance requirements such as IECEx/ATEX/LVD/EMC, CE Marking, CUTR,UL etc.)
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Strong interpersonal & Leadership Skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation & organisation skills at all levels of the business.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more