To comply with these activities in a prudent manner, the welding technician needs to have knowledge of materials, drawings, procedures, qualification, inspection, testing and equipment Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the necessary materials, equipment, parts, procedures and qualifications are according to the WOP and the GE EHS standing requirements
- Ensure that the work is carried out according to agreed specifications
- Ensure that the work is delivered according to agreed requirements
- Ensure the use of materials and support substances according to specific requirements
- Ensure that the workshop procedures are followed
- Ensure that the workshop equipment, and facilities are suitable and in operational condition
- Ensure that WOP is followed, filled in with necessary information, contain correct documentation and are signed after performed work.
- Reporting all non-conformances and malfunctions
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Comply with VetcoGray Scandinavia and customer policies, procedures relating to Health
- Proven years relevant experience
- Be able to work in a busy environment and handle pressure
- Experience working with procedures and documentation
- Being able to read schematics, drawings and BOM (bill of materials)
- Valid health certificate for workshop operations
- Able to comply with customer requirements, an evaluation that is based on the product / structure's complexity, or out of the requirements for safety, environment and property
- Good interpersonal skills as a team player or individual.
- Master Norwegian both written and verbally • Master English both written and verbally
- Trade school and/or relevant certificate of apprenticeship
- Subsea/Surface background preferred experience in assembly and testing.
- Welding cert. for method SAW / GTAW / GMAW / FCAW.
- PC Literate: Word, Excel, MS Outlook
- Prepared to work as part of a team or individually when required