Skills: Technical Writing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Human Resources Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Senior Writer is responsible for supporting the development and execution of company communications through content development across multiple channels. This includes strategic messaging development for a variety of channels with an emphasis on digital communication. This position requires excellent writing skills, strong technical skills, and the ability to synthesize information quickly. The successful candidate should be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute and make recommendations to an ongoing editorial calendar for company communications channels
- Build relationships and identify storytelling opportunities across the global organization
- As requested, assist other departments with development and production of communications materials
- Start-to-finish content creation, including ideation, determining the appropriate medium and channel (short-form or long-form article, video, etc.), scheduling and conducting interviews, content generation and approvals, and posting or coordinating with the appropriate party to do so
- In partnership with the Corporate Graphic Designer, identify and implement visual storytelling elements, including photos, video, animations, diagrams and infographics, to complement written pieces
- Steward the "Transocean voice" throughout all projects, and adapt the tone to fit the messaging's intent and channel
- Develop content and communications pieces delivered through a variety of communication channels, including webcasts, videos, speeches, meetings, presentations, print communications, emails, and RigCentral
- Support the execution of Communications strategy and objectives and deliver against stated goals and objectives
- Support development of communication plans around major change management initiatives as requested
- Deliver consistent, compelling messages in unique ways to build and inspire confidence in the long-term strength of Transocean and its leadership team
- Bring an original, creative and fresh perspective to communicating to our employees with a specific emphasis on utilizing digital platforms
- Supporting planning and hosting of Human Resources events
- Stay abreast of key energy industry trends and drivers
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated success working with and building relationships across all levels and functions of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; Adobe Create Suite and social media experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse employee groups, writing for a variety of different audiences, and knowledge of basic communication strategies
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker and problem-solver
- Collaborative style that is open to direction from subject matter experts and other communications team members
- A naturally curious mindset, willing to find the story within the data and curate meaningful, audience-tailored messaging
- A team player attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and generate recommendations for tactical and strategic problem solving
- Strong organizational skills - can manage day-to-day tasks and drive projects to desired end-results within deadlines
- Possesses drive, flexibility, and an openness to learn
- Exercise sound judgement
- Job requires global travel, including remote and offshore locations (Up to 25%)
- Must be able to flex schedule to cover company events occurring outside of normal work hours, as needed
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.