Our client is looking for a Operations Manager for a permanent position, located in Dyce.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the operational management of production within the company and the supervision of all production departments and teams.
- In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for the planning and technical supervision of operations within company. The Operations Manager is actively involved on a daily basis in quality control and will ensure correct and timely processing of work orders and is the main point of contact for production staff with other departments.
- Daily management of production employees in the workplace.
- Ensure the quality and efficiency objectives of company are achieved in all areas of production.
- Monitoring and ensure timely customer deliveries with quality guaranteed.
- Measuring and improving production practices and activities.
- Plan and distribute resources and capacity in the workshops.
- Monitoring and improving workplace regulations in collaboration with HSEQ Manager.
- Executing assignments in accordance with (quality) specifications and work instructions.
- Main contact person for sales function with regard to processing/planning of work orders.
- Ensuring correct and cost-effective use of company resources and PPE.
- Initiate and establish education and training criteria for production employees.
- In conjunction with HSEQ Manager organizing toolbox meetings/Team briefings.
- Support for health & safety, quality and maintenance of company premises, plant & machinery and resources.
- Enforce discipline, fair treatment and respect in the workplace.
- Applicant should have a track record in a similar managerial role and experience within the manufacturing/heavy engineering sector.
- Excellent leadership skills and a drive to succeed are essential.
- The candidate will have worked their way up through an organisation with experience in a number of hands on roles, constantly progressing, seeking and achieving greater levels of responsibility.