The Process Engineer
will be responsible for monitoring the plant performance within the unit of responsibility, advise on operating conditions and identify plant improvement projects
. The Process Engineer will conduct plant test runs and prepare front-end-development studies defining project scopes to increase throughput and reliability, to reduce the production cost, and to improve Health, Safety and Environmental Performance.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to Operations in the delivery of production plans.
- Monitor the technical performance of the plants; provide guidance to operations on unit optimization, management of alarms and for provision of cost-effective technical solutions to constraints and emerging problems.
- Provides support for abnormal operating situations and incident investigations.
- Provide the Process Engineering/Process Safety Technical Assurance for Management of Change (MOC) requirements in their assigned area.
- Compile month-end data and deliver performance review/analysis including energy, variance analysis, and plan delivery.
- Maintain basic data and plant constraint information and contribute to the development of monthly production plans.
- Consistent identification of potential threats and opportunities and the translation of these into timely investigations and improvement actions.
- Process engineering support to meet Turnaround milestones including scope collection, leading plant changes and Process Engineering support during Turnaround events.
- Potential on-call support for an Emergency Operations Center role.
- Support to major turnarounds on a shift or 6 days/week basis.
- Ad hoc support for Abnormal Situation Management for a 24/7 Operation.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or other relevant technical fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Chemical Engineer
- Professional Engineer certification or eligible to apply for professional engineer certification
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive relationships as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to cope with a variety of issues and situations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization and to present data in a clear, concise, credible and authoritative fashion.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Process Engineering design tools including Process Simulations software and hydraulic model simulations.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.