If you have a solid Expatriate Tax background for a large organisation, we can offer you the chance to work in-house with a dynamic, forward-thinking team whilst enhancing your skill set in our organisation.Where you fit in:
You'll join Shell's Global Employment Tax team, which spans multiple global locations from London, Houston, Perth, and the Hague. It's a positive place to work, where our strong collaborative approach and best practice help us to provide specialist comprehensive employment tax advice to their stakeholders. What is the role:
Your role will focus on global employment tax policies, processes and projects. This includes providing employment tax and social security advice globally, with a specific focus on cross border issues, as well as advice on the design and implementation of global policies, processes and effective controls in supporting employment tax compliance.
On a broader level, you'll have the opportunity to identify opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risks, bring consistency, increase efficiency and enhance the employee experience. Additional Accountabilities:
- Identify opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risks, bring consistency, increase efficiency and enhance employee experience. Deliver on these as part of cross functional project teams.
- Manage the global contract for provision of expatriate tax services with Shell's external vendor. As such manage vendor performance to ensure timely and quality service delivery, drive strategic / continuous improvement agenda and leverage market best practices. Intervene where needed.
- Internal stakeholder engagement & governance over the International Mobility Tax Compliance program delivered by external vendor and International Mobility Tax Compliance (IMTC) Team in HR Operations Krakow. Including on processes & systems impacting Employment Taxes and ensuring effective control framework to manage risks
- Take part in Employment Tax projects and support the wider Employment Tax team as required (notably on UK related matters). Play an active role in the wider Tax organization and take part in special projects as required.
- Spread best practices and provide training in the area of Employment Tax.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements
We'll be looking to you to share your experience as a qualified UK tax advisor, with extensive experience in Global Mobility employment tax. Working both independently, yet as an integral part of a team, you'll thrive on managing the operational delivery of a global contract for a large expatriate population.
You're also well organized: capable of setting the day-to-day priorities for a small but busy team but can raise critical issues quickly by understanding the compliance and business impact. Additional Experience and Qualifications:
- Good technical tax knowledge/expertise on issues affecting employment tax and social security, including domestic statute & case law, international tax treaties and practices and European law and an ability to integrate these positions to produce the optimal solution.
- Effective at managing Employment Tax risks, balance risk with Business and Functions objectives, and make recommendation that are objective, practical, technically appropriate and supportive of the Business and the Functions.
- Able to demonstrate imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Process orientated way of working.
- Effective team player on tax and cross-functional teams - also virtually.
- Ability to develop and influence staff outside a direct line relationship.
- Ability to engage and communicate with key stakeholders at a senior level and with the Business, HR communities and external vendor(s).
- Leadership capability with proven capacity to influence, flex communication style, and role model
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.